Recover your Income Tax Department Password in very easy steps!!!
Now, The Income Tax Department made easier to recover you password in very easy way. Forgetting password is very common mistake that every individual make, in case if there is any chance that you forget your password, here given a detailed process how can you recover it.
- You should always use your PAN number as log in ID.
- One, you can use it through Income Tax Department Website.
- Two, you can send an email to Income Tax Department.
Click login link and then forget password (https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/UserLogin/LoginHome.html)
Now use your PAN number and captcha code is displayed and then after rewriting it, submit the form.
These are the possible ways to recover after this step:
- Answering a secret question
- Uploading of DSC
- Enter e-filled acknowledgement number and bank account number.
- Using One Time Password
Using answering a secret question:
In this method, use the secret question that you have selected at the time of registering PAN while e filing. And then follow the other questions.
By uploading a DSC:
You can upload both PFX file or through a USB Token, by uploading a registered digital signature certificate.
By acknowledgement number and a bank account number:
Provide acknowledgement number of last filed IT return and a bank account number.
Using One time Password:
- OTP sent to old mail ID or Old Mobile Number: The first and last few digits of mail id or mobile number are shown, then if you access to old mobile number or mail id, click validate.
- On email and mobile number: You will get an OTP to your registered mobile number or a link to your registered mail. And by using this number or the link sent to your mail, you can reset your password by
Through TAN of any deductor:
Through Challan deposited:
Through bank account:
If none of these methods are not working, then only the last alternative you have is to send the details by mail to the Income Tax Department.
Mail the following details to [email protected]
- PAN Holder’s Name
- Date of Birth/Date of Incorporation
- Father’s Name
- Registered PAN address
Related Post: TDS on Bank Deposits